Member Spotlight – Shawn Back
Meet Shawn Back. Shawn walked into our gym on a random afternoon last year. He didn’t come with a friend, wasn’t starting because of a special offer or new bootcamp opportunity...he just simply wanted to get healthier. And he has achieved that goal 100%
When did you start Crossfit?
· I started in June 2017
Why did you start CrossFit?
· I started CrossFit as I was noticing I wasn’t able to do as much as I once was able to do. I tried going to other gyms and doing home workout programs and found that I needed structure and accountability. After several hours/days of research, I decided to give CrossFit a try. After the first couple of weeks I was completely hooked as everyday was, and still, is a new challenge and different than the day before. The gym offers awesome coaches and an exceptional community to keep you motivated.
Why do you continue to do CrossFit?
· CrossFit has become part of my life. I look forward to coming to class everyday, being a part of the community, working together to get better, celebrating everyone’s success, having challenging and varying workouts and pushing myself to limits I never thought was possible before.
What has been the biggest benefit of you doing CrossFit?
· Stress relief, relaxation and the overall feeling of better health. I have additionally gained confidence to do things I never thought were possible before.
What have you gained from doing CrossFit that you didn’t expect?
· I have gained so much since starting. The most surprising was actually enjoying going to the gym and being in a class structure. I can be having a less than stellar day, walk into the gym and walk out at the end of class feeling so much better.
What do you think is the biggest misconception about CrossFit?
· That people are insanely fit and if someone off the street tries to do it they are going to get hurt. That is the furthest thing from the truth. Everyone in class is just like you, trying to get healthier and there are great coaches teaching to ensure you do the movements appropriately.
If you had to give someone one reason as to why they should try CrossFit, what would it be?
· It is a fun community environment, in the end you will be amazed at what you are capable of.